Bodybuilding has become the latest trend nowadays. Everyone wants to have a muscular figure, especially those who are interested in being fit.
An amino acid called Glutamine is produced in the body. It is responsible for making up 61% of the skeletal tissue. It becomes an essential amino acid during intense athletic training. After any exercise, muscles recover due to metabolic processes with the help of Glutamine. Glutamine bodybuilding helps the athletes and bodybuilders to increase strength and to gain muscle size as a nutritional supplement.
Benefits of L-Glutamine
Energy is restored in body with the help of Glutamine which restores glycogen. Nitrogen and carbon are donated by Glutamine. It plays an important role in the synthesis of protein in the body. Muscles are built and repaired with the help of Glutamine.
Here is a list of the benefits of Glutamine.
- Hydration and cellular volume are maintained by Glutamine. Burns and wounds get healed quickly with the help of Glutamine.
- Glutamine supplements help to increase glycogen levels after intense workouts.
- Growth hormone levels can be produced by Glutamine. Human growth hormone increases by over 400% for every 2 grams of L-Glutamine intake.
- You need to take Glutamine supplement throughout the day to have a good impact on the level of human growth hormone.
- 40 grams is the maximum level of dosage of L-Glutamine. Intake of more than the maximum dosage should be avoided.
- Muscle growth is the most common result of using Glutamine supplements by all athletes and bodybuilders.
- Supplement your diet with Glutamine during workouts for protein synthesis.
- During an intense workout, actual cellular muscles are wasted due to a decrease in amino acid level in the body.
- Lowering of amino acid level slows down recovery periods and also causes tiredness.
- Glutamine helps to repair the body muscles faster and thus, enhances the strength program of athletes.
L-Glutamine in muscle repair for bodybuilders
A large amount of Glutamine is needed by the injured muscles to get repaired. The repair and growth of a series of micro-injured muscles are the part of bodybuilding process. Glutamine helps to grow muscles and also to build new fibers. For this reason, greater bulk and strength is gained by the muscles.
Do not take Glutamine supplement if you do occasional workouts. Full recovery time is usually not given by the bodybuilders to their injured muscles. So, this incomplete recovery time can be provided by Glutamine supplementation. Most of the athletes including bodybuilders greatly prefer Glutamine supplement.
L-Glutamine helps with cellular hydration
Your cells become thirsty when you do strenuous and intense physical workouts. Intake of L-Glutamine supplement helps to hydrate your cells and hence, helps to recover from an injury very quickly. Athletes often get injured by having a ligament tear, muscle tear or small sprains during intense exercise. The effects of strains and stresses are reduced by L-Glutamine supplement and it makes your cell more malleable and hydrated.
Therefore, take 10 to 15 grams of L-Glutamine per day for 2 to 3 times. It is suggested to take L-Glutamine in the morning, at night before bed time and after a workout. It is better to consult your physician for proper guidance before taking L-Glutamine.